Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Vision

Recently I noticed that something I had held in my vision as a possibility and a knowing, just came true.

Here’s the story:  when I sold my house and started looking for a new place, I knew exactly what I want. I can see it in my mind. It’s north-facing; a newish house, maybe a townhouse or duplex. We use the back as the main entrance. The couple of steps up from the ground-level back entrance opens through glass doors into a kitchen/eating area/family room space with tiled floors. Sun floods in the mostly-glass south wall. Ceilings are high; appliances are new and the stove is gas. It’s a fairly new house – about fourteen years old or less. Or is an older house that has recently been renovated. Windows are double-pane. The house is warm in the winter and hot in the summer. The rest of the main floor includes a half-bathroom, coatroom, and living room. Stairs lead up to the three bedrooms on the second floor. They are all nice with storage and windows. Upstairs is a full bathroom with a lovely tub, maybe even with a master en-suite. Outside is a yard with enough space for Calla’s swingset and sunny areas for both gardening and sunning myself. Parking is on-street. The house also contains a working washer and dryer. I do most of my writing and creative activities in the kitchen eating area. It’s bright and sunny and I love being there.

So how am I going to find this and how am I going to afford all this? Well in my mind I can clearly see that someone is going to live abroad for two years and wants me to rent their place for super-cheap, possibly utilities only. Eventually I will buy the house from them. I will love puttering about, gardening, relaxing and enjoying the girls. My writing and other creative activities will flourish and I will be supported by abundance resulting from those activities. So long as I keep learning, I will experience abundance.

How does this apply to miracles?
Well everyone I told my vision to said hah, nice dream; too bad it’s not reality.

Except one friend, that is. She just said “call Jeff – he’s moving to the Island for at least two years and wants someone to rent his house”.

I called – Jeff is thrilled to rent to someone he knows; it may all work out fine. Their house is not north-facing and it’s not a townhouse. Other than that, my vision is pretty similar.