Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Miracles

I have a lot of faith in the order of life, or god, or whatever you call it. I know that things all work out, and that it’s all good. Unfortunately however, I have a habit of fear. My go-to emotion is often fear, sometimes outright panic ;)  

I have seen miracles; I have heard of many more. I feel my guardian angel supporting me, keeping me safe. Looking back at my misspent youth, I owe that overworked angel a lot. Considering all the poor choices I made as a young adult, I am indeed lucky to be alive.

I used to want to believe that you make your own experience; that each day you can decide how it’s going to be. That any money you do or don’t have is all your choice; the same goes for career, health, love, etc.

I decided that I wanted to be a millionaire with a cool job and a great guy. I waited.

Nothing. I wished again, hoped it would happen.

Still nothing.

God helps those who help themselves, I reasoned, so I bought lottery tickets. 

Nada. Still wishing and waiting.