Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Essay One: You Can’t Get Blood from a Stone

I was having lunch with my soon to be ex the other day and suddenly became aware that I not only don’t know this man; I feel like I never did. I had been fabricating my husband – this man bore little if any resemblance.

And this man who sat before me; well there’s no way this man could have given me what I want from a partner. He’s vastly different. This guy is just another man I know.

I would not choose this man to be my partner. While informative and somewhat interesting, his conversation did not attract me. This is not a man I would seduce, nor did his words seduce me.

Throughout this whole experience I am becoming much more selective about with whom and on what I direct my energies. I know I will always maintain relationship with this man, because he is the father of our children, but only because of that. He is not a man I wish to build a newly romantic relationship with.