Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

smelly miraculous abundance

Today I went for a long walk. As I wandered through neighborhoods I noticed lots of roses blooming in profusion along fences and over trellises. That makes sense - it's June. I've only recently come to appreciate roses, though, so being aware of them is new to me.

I was photographing a big yellow beauty at one house when the owner came out. We got to talking as she told me about the various breeds she cultivates. She had me smell one older variety - what an incredible odor! (In a good way ;)

I guess her neighbor heard me and came out with a clipped rose, offering it to me.

What abundance! What gifts! I held the beautiful scented big pink rose until the heat from my hand wilted it. I scattered the petals as I walked, throwing them up into the air, sending blessings of abundance to the world.