Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

nice surprises and lovingkindness

The ex holds no religious or spiritual beliefs; in fact is an avowed atheist (which I guess is a religious belief). I'm the one seeking, learning reading. If i were a joiner, I'd call myself a Buddhist.

Funnily enough, it's he who is exhibiting lovingkindness (a Buddhist ideal). Me and the kids moved into a townhouse for two months, as our new rental home is not available until August. The townhouse is awful - mouldy and damp.

Two lessons here: one, that I should listen to my gut, because I had a strongly negative emotional and physical response the first time I saw the place, but talked myself into renting it; and two, that he who claims to be an atheist may still exhibit lovingkindness.

Because he is letting us stay with him for most of the rest of the two months. We're a little crammed, and it's definitely affected his new bachelor lifestyle, yet he invited us in; even offered me his bed. The downside is that now I can't be mean, mad and bitchy at him. :)