Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

House Selling

Well the house sold today. Actually it sold a week ago but of course these things take time and a few things had to be done before it was officially actually sold. Now it's sold and that's that.

I am not as happy as I expected. Of course there are a few things that can still jump up and bite me in the bum, but this is more about my expectation that I would be very happy and relieved. I guess there is still much to do; get a new place, organize the separation, increase my income, and trust in this path.

I do feel a little sad about leaving this house. We moved in so long ago, with high aspirations and hope for a familial future. The woman who raised two little kids here seems like someone else; a story I have heard so many times it feels familiar. I don't miss her - I don't miss being her. I am happy to get on with the next phase of life; but as always change brings uncertainty and anxiety.

So I am anxious, happy, and sad.