Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Leaping into thin air

Well I turned down a job today. I am taking one of the biggest risks in my life, or so it seems, by deciding to follow my heart and write. I am going to take a season to adjust to my new life, to support the kids and to teach.

I turned down a job doing something I can do well and easily, but in a field in which I am no longer active, and no longer interested. It stresses me out because I am not up to date and am not willing to put in the effort to get up to date, and yet I have been able to fake it up to now. I still could fake it but no longer want to.

I keep reaching this point in my life but have never moved beyond it into complete freedom. I've always choked at last minute and taken a job, thinking of that as more safe than doing what moves me.