Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Symbology

I got my bed cut down. It's a foam bed, and may I say a wonderful thing. Yay, Foam Shop. I am spoiled for any other bed. It has actually affected my desire to travel because no other bed is as good - I never sleep as well as I do on my own bed.

But it was a king size; perfect for the two of us when we shared it. Now I find king too big for one person, and since my room is small, I can use the extra space. (18"x81"= according to my calculations that's 121 square feet extra in my room. Well it feels like a lot ;)

So I folded up my mattress and hauled it off to the foam shop. Got a smaller base made and had the mattress cut down. Took myself to winner's and got a new queen-sized sheet. Another great winner's deal; 650 thread-count sheet set for sixty bucks. Could my sheets be too smooth?

I was laying in my newly queen-sized bed feeling like a queen and had to laugh at the symbolism of it all: the king is gone, now the master bedroom holds a queen; a Queen is the Master. Cute. And really really comfortable.